1. When the form is lacking you can only appeal to the tour
2. With customer in these tour conditions is meant the natural or
legal person who/that for himself/itself or on behalf of a group of
tourists, books the tour.
3. The customer is responsible for the observing of all obligations
that result from the tour agreement.
4. The booking number that was given to the customer serves as a
proof of the tour arrangement between the tour operator on the one
hand and the customer on the other hand.
5. The programme of the tour is determined by the tour operator in
conformity with the published tour programme unless it was agreed
otherwise in writing.
6. At bookings for tours the customer should pay a deposit of 50% of
the total sum for each tour. The total sum for the tour should be
paid not later than 7 days before the departure. The day of
departure is not included here.
7. The published sum for the tour is on the basis of more persons a
hut/room, unless it was agreed otherwise in writing.
8. The tour operator maintains the right to alter the published sum
for the tour at all times. Possible alterations will depend on acute
increases of which our service providers did not notify us.
The customer has the right to annul the tour when the altered sum
for the tour or the increase is not acceptable.
9. If such an annulment is communicated 1 day after the alteration
of the sum for the tour to the tour operator, the sums of money that
were already paid, will be refunded.
10. The duration of the tour is mentioned in whole days or weeks at
which the days of departure and arrival count as whole days.
11. The tourist should have had the necessary vaccinations and
should have malaria prophylaxis at the departure and during the
12. The tour operator is in no way responsible for the consequences
that result out of negligence in medical precautions of the tourist.
13. The customer should at the booking be able to identify the other
tourists who will take part in the tour, by means of a valid
passport or an identity document.
14. Not later than 12 days before the departure, the day of
departure not included, the customer can propose alterations in the
tour programme, if this is possible. One should agree hereby with an
increase in the tour and administration costs that go with that.
15. At the annulment of a tour not later than 12 days before the
departure, the day of departure not included, a fine of 25% of the
sum for the tour has to be paid and at annulment after the mentioned
point in time, the customer cannot get a refund anymore.
16. The tour operator maintains the right to annul the tour when
less than 5 tourists will take part in the tour as well as at any
other circumstance that was considered by the tour operator. The
tour operator also maintains the right to alter the stay
accommodation or the means of transportation.
17. The tour operator has to inform the customer of the annulments
not later than 4 days before the departure, the day of departure
included. Here the sum for the tour that was already paid (50 % of
it) will be refunded. .
18. The tour operator cannot be held responsible for information
(photographs, folders or other information material) that was
provided by third parties with regard to the booked tour or the
fixed tour programme.
19. During the period of the tour in which the tourists are under
the supervision of the tour operator, the tour operator will take
out a minimal accident insurance for the tourists. The instructions
and orders of the tour operator/tour guide should be carried out
20. Since the tour operator only took out a minimal insurance for
the customer, the last mentioned is urgently advised to take out a
travel and accident insurance.
21. The customer who takes part in the tour that can be described as
adventurous, will not hold the tour operator responsible for any
damage that the he/she incurred (because of the lacking of good
communication, means of transportation and medical help), except for
the right of the customer on the insurance as meant in article 21.
22. If one booked for a group for a tour, the customer has to make
the tour conditions known to all members of the group and because of
this he will not hold the tour operator responsible for all damage
that results from the non-observance of the abovementioned.
NOTE WITH REGARD TO MJTA TOURS:
The interior of
Suriname is not free of malaria. We advise you to go to the
Public Health Bureau (BOG) not later than 6 days before the
departure. Address: Rode Kruislaan, tel: 499494 Opening hours: Mo
- Fri 07.00 hours - 10.00 hours.
The allowed weight
for luggage is 5 kg per tourist.
is self-preservation. We therefore ask you not to take plants and
animal from the areas with you.